Fast Facts About Dry Mouth
Here are some facts about dry mouth, which can be a frustrating condition…
- We call it xerostomia—and it can be a serious problem.
- It tends to happen as we age—but it doesn’t have to.
- Besides being uncomfortable, it makes teeth more cavity-prone.
- It can be the side effect of some medications or radiation therapy for cancer.
- Fight dry mouth by drinking 6-8 glasses of water daily.
- Also, try sugarless gum or lozenges—mouth-wetting agents.
- There are prescription products to combat dry mouth.
So feel free to talk to us—we can help!
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Since 1979, Smart Start Dental has provided the best dental experience in a friendly and caring environment. We are committed to delivering the highest quality dental care for the whole family—children & adults! We treat patients from 2 years old to 90 and offer a wide range of dental services, including sedation/sleep dentistry (especially helpful for fearful children), as well as cosmetic dentistry, dentures, and other conventional treatments for adults. If you are looking for a checkup & cleaning, or are experiencing pain or other dental problems, there is no better choice than Smart Start Dental. We are open 6 days per week and have convenient locations in Oakland and Pinole. Medi-Cal and Denti-Cal proudly accepted!